Many cultures have some kind of pickles in their cuisine. Find soft pickled cabbage, gherkin, carrot in Turkey, Kimchi in Korea, Sauerkraut in Germany, and pickled cabbage in El Salvador! I’ve only had these with pupusas in the past, but I’m sure I could come up with other excuses for it also!
Quick Pickled Cabbage
– 1/2 cabbage
– 2 carrots
– 1/2 onion
– 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
– 1/8 cup olive oil
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Slice the veggies as thinly as you can.
2. Mix vinegar, oil and spices well, then pour over the vegetables.
3. Put mix into an air-tight container and let sit at least over night if not 1-2 days