You know I can’t go too long without a waffle!
So I had some leftover chestnuts after cooking and peeling them for the chestnut gnocchi I made the other day. You can keep ground chestnuts in a ziplock bag in the freezer – easy! This is only a short entry this time. Why? Because it’s a very simple easy recipe 🙂
Chestnut waffles (makes two waffles)
– 1 cup ground chestnuts
– 1 egg
– 2 tbsp molasses
– 1/4 milk (I used goats milk)
– flour of choice if doug is too runny (I used some rice flour)
1. Mix all ingredients together to a smooth still dough. You know it’s the right consistency when it’s runny but a bit gluey.
2. Butter and heat the waffle iron.
3. Bake the waffle until golden brown.
4. Serve warm with crumbled goats cheese. The cheese will melt on the warm waffle!