Where did the year go?! Dec 22… it’s time for last minute baking if you haven’t done so! I’m happy to say that this recipe is all gluten free and it makes your house smell wonderful!
I made a big batch of these to give away to my team in the office and got one of the best compliments ever! “Yoori, where did you buy these? … in the UK?” was what my team member said when I handed her a goodie bag with homemade caramel popcorn, peanut butter chocolates and these gingerbread cookies. Bought?! All homemade, darling!! ^_^
Glutenfree gingerbread cookies
– 125g unsalted butter
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 2 tbsp cinnamon
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup mix of maple and agave syrup
– 3 cups rice flour
– pinch of salt
1. Mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add cinnamon and mix again, then add eggs and syrups.
3. Add flour and salt, then add to the dough. Mix well until the dough is smooth.
4. Cover dough and put into the fridge for about 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 280 degree celsius.
6. Roll out dough until about 1/4 inch thick. Use cooking cutters to cut out shapes. (I used clouds, stars and gingerbread man cutters)
7. Bake cooking until lightly golden, about 10-13 minutes.
8. Let cool, then decorate with icing if you wish.